Moni's Collective Make-up Haul

Apologies for the lack of posts guys, you could say that both Ash and I were on a hiatus due to stressful exams and assignments. But I can say that we're back! Seeing as Ash has posted what he's picked up during this absence of blogging, I thought I'd break my hiatus by posting something similar, with a focus on the cosmetic goodies I've picked up in the last month! :)


First thing's first, I thought I'd let everyone know that I am obsessed with lip colours and nail polish(es). I have over 60 nail colours alongside over 25 lip colours and lip liners in my make up collection (which I may post about one day!). And during the last month, my lip colour collection increased which threw all my other lipsticks and glosses out the window!
I invested in the Maybelline Superstay 24 Color in the 'Passion Red' shade, which does exactly what it says.. stay on for the whole day! I never thought I'd come across a product like this, especially on the high street. I know MAC do a similar product to this, being the Pro Longwear Lip colour, however their 'Lasting Lust' shade did not turn out to be as vibrant as the 'Passion Red' by Maybelline.
As a lip colour obsessive, I do like to experiment with dark or vibrant shades of colours as I find nude shades make me look a bit pale and ill! So I found this product to be perfect for either long shifts at work, where I'm not able to reapply my lipstick, or even at occasions or day's out! Saying this, I found the product to be a tad drying. However, the balm provided adds a nourishing feel to your lips and extends the colour which can only be removed using an oil based remover.
It's definitely a must have, and if unlike me, you prefer more subtle shades of lip colour, the range consists of 18 shades and only cost me £8.99 from Boots, my local drug store! I highly recommend it for those who hate re-applying their lipstick, perfect for on the go days as well as nights out! And for such a good price, I have to label this product as a must have!

When it comes to highlighting and contouring my face after applying foundation, I had always been a tad confused on what areas to apply my bronzer and highlighter. However, this month I had been gifted the Clarins Bronzer Duo Compact by my sister, and it is by far the best bronzing powder I've used! Prior to this, I've used bronzer's by Loreal and Rimmel London, which have always been on the cheaper side financially. But in this case, the level of quality is definitely present when using this product! It is a small compact, however I've found, seeing as I have tanned brown skin regardless, that a little really goes a long way. I apply the bronzer in order to contour my cheeks with my Blush Brush by Yves Saint Laurent  as well as contouring my forehead, chin as well as highlighting my nose. However, at a price ranging from £20-£30 (depending on the place of purchase) it will definitely be a product that will last me a very long time, seeing as only a little is needed in order to show up upon my skin.



Saving the best till last, I picked up my first ever primer which I can truly say was love at first touch! The Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Foundation Primer was a product I had desperately needed prior to it's use! As I have quite an uneven skin tone, which is a common problem with Asian skin, this primer had been a god-send! When used after thorough moisturizing and prior to the application of my foundation, the foundation primer, which has an mere orange like shade when applied to skin, seems to even out my skin tone in regards to any blemishes, dark spots and circles (around the eyes) I may have. As well as this, the coverage that my foundation when I apply my primer beforehand is flawless! I use a full coverage MAC foundation, and when used with the primer, I feel the need to not apply as much foundation as I would without the use of my primer! This product is definitely a must have for those who may have problem skin, uneven skin tone or pigmentation.. or just problems with foundation setting onto your skin! The Smashbox primer range varies to be suitable for various skin tones, so I advise that it's best to go to your nearest Smashbox concession and try out the ranges before buying! And for those who have not used primer before, I believe this product, alongside other Smashbox primers, will be well suited as only a little is needed for coverage. At a price starting from £25 here in the UK, I believe this would be a great addition (and investment) to your daily make up routine!

So these are all the make up bits and bobs I've bought in the last month. Apologies in advance if it was super long and wordy! If you use the same products, have any other recommendations or wish to purchase these or similar products to the one's I've posted.. please leave your comments and thoughts below! 

M x





1 comment:

  1. the lip colour is gorgeous and rich! love it - don't think I could pull it off though!

    bec X
    honeythumb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete